Description: Transport grain and agronomy products, assist in grain & agronomy departments as needed, and provide related customer services in a safe and effective manner.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Do not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at beginning of the work schedule and continues until the workday is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Lets the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information to others. Messages have the desired effect.
Knows his/her customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers.
Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on the quality of service he provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Protection of Assets
Uses tools and equipment carefully. Operates equipment the way it is supposed to be operated. Do not abuse equipment. Recognizes and reports need for repair. Observes preventive maintenance schedule. Uses the right tools for the job. Inspects equipment regularly. Routinely clean work area, vehicle, plant, and/or equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Comply with all DOT, OSHA, and NEW Cooperative safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain safe & courteous driving habits at all times.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment.
- Assist in other areas of the location as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment to promote a positive company image.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must have a Class A CDL with tanker/Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Must have or able to obtain a Commercial Handler’s License.
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.