Location: Fort Dodge
Description: Oversee the smooth operation of a diverse computer and communications network for all of NEW Cooperative in an organized and effective manner that promotes the overall business plan of NEW Cooperative, Inc.
Job Performance Skills:
Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users. Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps the supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information with others. Messages have the desired effect.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on that which is genuinely important. Able to distinguish between the truly important and the merely urgent. Respects customers’ and colleagues’ time in scheduling and conducting meetings. Shows up for meetings on time, fully prepared. Works on tasks in order of importance. Realistically estimates time requirements. Makes up a schedule for jobs and sticks to it. Does work in order of importance; does first things first.
Judgment and Problem Solving
Have the ability to solve problems quickly and permanently in potentially stressful situations. Spots and fixes bottlenecks. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer. Seeks advice from people who have been successful in solving similar problems. Notice discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information. Uses common sense.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Manage VMWare and Citrix Virtual server environments
- Plan wired and wireless networks as well as oversee their installation
- Ensure mail servers are functioning properly
- Maintain and upgrade software also handle the installation, distribution, control and removal of installed software and hardware
- Ensure all backup and replication services are operating and tested
- Monitor security tools and maintain the internet connection and firewalls
- Support other divisions in NEW Cooperative that integrate with I.T. hardware or software
Job Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Extensive experience with Cisco network equipment
- IBM iSeries experience preferred
- Familiarity with VMWare and other virtual server environments
- General understanding of Windows Server OS’s
- Advanced understanding of network topology and functionality
- Experience with SAN/NAS storage equipment
- Experience with MS Azure and Amazon AWS services preferred