REFINED FUELS DRIVER
Description: To plan, promote and deliver bulk petroleum, and related services in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Do not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
Adaptability/Flexibility/ Change Management
Adapts easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities. Promptly switches strategies or tactics if the current ones are not working. Works comfortably with people of widely differing styles, temperaments, and preferences. Deals maturely with anger, frustration, and disappointment. Bounces back quickly from setbacks and frustrations. Is able to see the merits of positions other than her/his own.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at beginning of the work schedule and continues until the workday is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Lets the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Understands how the job affects the citizens of the agency, city, or department. Knows what citizens expect of employees and assures citizen satisfaction. In jobs that involve direct citizen interaction, consistently displays appropriate behavior. Looks for areas within the area of responsibility where citizen needs are not being met and propose workable solutions. Works effectively and professionally with citizens even when they are discourteous or unreasonable.
Knows the customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers. Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on the quality of service provided. Quickly solves customer problems.
Learning and Continuous Improvement
Actively acquires new skills and competencies. Shares knowledge, skills, tools, and methods with others to help them solve problems and improve performance. Treats negative feedback and experiences as learning opportunities. Seeks information and ideas from many places. Looks for better ways to perform routine parts of the job. Open to suggestions and new ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following:
Safety and Maintenance
• Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
• Maintain rolling stock and all petroleum department fixed assets
• Communicate safe storage and handling procedures to all customers
• Deliver bulk orders safely, following regulations
• Operate the delivery vehicle safe in a safe manner and maintain the delivery vehicle
• Assist in establishing sales goals
• Assist in developing and promoting a marketing plan
• Increase sales of petroleum and related products
• Make proper recommendations and applications of products sold
• Know prices of products and services
• Maintain current market share
• Assist in developing competitive market strategies
• Develop and maintain routing, keep-fill, and degree-day systems
• Perform customer tank maintenance
• Resolve customer complaints
• Deliver, connect, and maintain petroleum equipment.
• Respond to after-hour calls from customers
• CETP certification or ability to obtain one
• Must be licensed and insurable to drive
• Must have a Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazardous Materials endorsements
• Must have an understanding of the weather conditions and know that temperatures may be below or above normal, depending upon the time of year and adjustment is necessary to maintain high levels of customer serviceApply Online