Description: Oversees the grain operations of the location in a manner that will positively impact the cooperative, increase market share and savings, and achieve desired sales and profit goals.
Job Performance Skills: Includes but are not limited to the following:
Performs work in a safe manner as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures, including:
- Checking the work area for hazards and correcting unsafe situations.
- Using personal protective equipment. Maintains an organized work area.
- Seeking guidance from the supervisor if needed and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Considers the safety of other employees.
- Understand and follow safety regulations for confined space entry & lock-out, tag-out(LOTO), fall protection, and personal protective equipment.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, including:
- Acknowledgment and correction of mistakes.
- Do not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems.
- Carries a fair share of the workload.
Adaptability/Flexibility/ Change Management
Adapts easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities, including:
- Promptly switches strategies or tactics if the current ones are not working.
- Works comfortably with people of widely differing styles, temperaments, and preferences.
- Deals maturely with anger, frustration, and disappointment.
- Bounces back quickly from setbacks and frustrations.
- Is able to see the merits of positions other than her own.
Makes complex ideas or situations clear, simple, and understandable, including:
- Recognizes patterns — sees discrepancies, missing pieces, trends or interrelationships in data and situations.
- Sees underlying issues in complex situations.
- Can put the pieces together in order to understand the big picture.
- Sensitive to subtleties and nuances.
- Understands and is able to explain all sides of an issue.
- Demonstrates considerable intellectual horsepower.
- Thinks “outside the box.”
Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action, including:
- Displaying a high energy level.
- Enjoys working hard.
- Look for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along.
- Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations.
- Displays an obvious sense of urgency.
- Does more than what is normally required.
- Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving of grain including unloading and elevation
- Loadout of grain to trucks at correct weights and grade
- Position/maintain quality of grain for mill usage/grind
- Develop an understanding of all bin or storage locations and maintain records of grain inventory in each (i.e. wet/dry corn, wet/dry beans)
- Develop an understanding and ability to blend grain to optimal grade factors utilizing the working knowledge of the grain inventory
- Ensure that all grain quality meets expected quality standards and is maintained.
- Maintain communication with all persons concerned regarding grain quality and inventory
- Accountable for all-grain equipment maintenance and record-keeping
- Responsible for all housekeeping and cleaning duties on grain facilities
- Light preventative maintenance
- General knowledge/willingness to assist with general agronomy operations when needed
- Remain in complete compliance with Spill Prevention Rule for mineral oil handling (SPCC)
- The job requires an understanding of the importance of providing very high levels of customer service and a great interest in serving in the agricultural industry.
- The position requires an understanding of the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.
- This job requires good computer skills.
- This job requires you to be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
- The position requires problem-solving skills as well as being self-motivated
- This job requires a valid driver’s license and for the employee to be insurable to drive.