Description: To efficiently operate grain facility and computerized feed manufacturing equipment to mix and process ingredients to specified formulations and quality guidelines. Provide related customer services in a safe and effective manner.
1st Shift: Operate during the hours of 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Hours may vary.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Do not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at beginning of the work schedule and continues until the workday is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Let the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information to others. Messages have the desired effect.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Identifies and responds quickly to all customer needs. Works to assure continuous improvement. Invites suggestions; open to experimentation. Is willing to incur costs to assure quality. Encourages others to be on the alert for defects. Develops accurate measures to assess how well a job is done. Knows when “good enough” is good enough and when it’s not.
Teamwork/ Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures.
- Operate computerized batch mixing equipment, receiving and load-out equipment, micro ingredient addition, and grinding equipment
- Maintains inventory at desired levels
- Fulfills all reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Follows standards of quality as outlined by QMS and other manufacturing and regulatory controls
- Perform housekeeping duties and maintain a clean working environment
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment
- Develop an understanding of all bin or storage locations and maintain records of grain inventory in each.
- Receiving of grain including unloading and elevation
- Develop an understanding and ability to blend grain to optimal grade factors utilizing the working knowledge of the grain inventory
- Ensure that all grain quality meets expected quality standards and is maintained.
- Lifting 55-pound ingredient bags
- Safe and effective operation of a forklift
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurable to drive