FEED MILL MAINTENANCE
Description: Perform maintenance activities at NEW Cooperative feed manufacturing facilities.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Does not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems.
Carries her fair share of the workload.
Establishes due dates for projects and assignments and meets those dates. Makes sure that actions agreed upon have been taken. Makes back-up plans for important projects. Conducts routine follow-up. Let’s people know in advance when deadlines might not be met. Does not wait until the last minute to get work done.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; does not wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Planning and Organizing
Maintains well-organized materials, files, systems, and tools. Breaks work down into logical steps. Anticipates and eliminates roadblocks and delays. Stays within the allotted time for accomplishing tasks. Completes tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner. Makes sure all parts of a job are completed in full, including follow-up plans and paperwork.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
• Welds parts together using wire or arch welders
• Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems, repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
• Performs electrical troubleshooting.
• Dismantles machines.
• Moves machinery and equipment.
• Assembles and installs the equipment.
• Aligns machines and equipment.
• Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to the foundation or other structures.
• Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
• Maintain open communication with Supervisor, other departments and fellow employees.
• Upgrades training by learning on the job, attending schools or seminars, and/or reading product and industry information as requested by the supervisor.
• Cooperates with other employees.
• Performs related departmental duties as requested by Supervisor and other management that are not covered in this document.
• Maintains records of maintenance activities
• One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A valid driver’s license is required for this job. Travel between locations is a requirement.