Location: Cooper, IA
Description: To efficiently supervise and manage a computerized feed manufacturing and grain facility that mixes and processes ingredients to customer specified formulations and quality guidelines in a manner that maximizes departmental effectiveness and achieves the cooperative’s goals.
Job Performance Skills:
Gains the support of others. Builds voluntary cooperation through credibility, expertise, influence, and persuasion. Generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the group’s mission. Links organization’s mission/vision/values to everyday work. Sees the potential in people, opportunities, and events. Willing to change or abandon current practices and programs when necessary. Takes appropriate risks to improve performance, try something new, or reach a challenging goal. Communicates clear and demanding expectations.
Developing and Retaining Talent
Knows the strengths and limitations of people. Identifies subordinates’ development needs. Provides meaningful development plans. Holds development discussions. Knows each subordinate’s career goals. Rewards staff for developmental success as well as for good job performance. Actively works to identify and retain top talent. Gives people assignments that will test and develop their abilities. Has a nose for talent.
Planning and Organizing
Maintains well-organized materials, files, systems, and tools. Breaks work down into logical steps. Anticipates and eliminates roadblocks and delays. Stays within the allotted time for accomplishing tasks. Completes tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner. Makes sure all parts of a job are completed in full, including follow-up plans and paperwork.
Enlists the active participation of every team member. Promotes a friendly climate, good morale, and cooperation among team members. Assures joint ownership of goal setting, group commitments, work activities, schedules, and group accomplishments. Let’s people manage, finish and be responsible for their work assignments. Defines team roles and responsibilities. Reviews team successes and failures. Expresses pride in the group and encourages people to feel good about team accomplishments. Makes sure that the practical needs of the team are met. Makes sure that all team members are treated fairly.
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information to others. Messages have the desired effect.
Makes good decisions. Identifies and considers all available alternatives before making decisions. Seeks other people’s input and advice. Can describe the factors that were considered in making a decision and their relative importance. Understands the impact of decisions on co-workers and other organizational units. Applies policies correctly. Seeks solutions acceptable to all. Willing to make decisions in difficult or ambiguous situations, when information is limited, or when time is critical. Makes tough decisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Maintains a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
- Supervises the operation of computerized batch mixing and grinding equipment
- Directs housekeeping duties to maintain a clean working environment.
- Administers effective maintenance program
- Maintains inventory at desired levels and accountable for maintaining shrink within Coop guidelines
- Keeps accurate inventory of all grain
- Maintain communication concerning grain quality and available inventory
- Complies with all required manufacturing and regulatory controls
- Responsible for drug and inventory reconciliation and ensures that necessary paperwork is completed correctly
- Be familiar with FSMA and the Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Manages cost within budget
- Responsible for hiring, training, and scheduling facility employees.
- Must have a valid license
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive.
- Must have good computer skills
- Basic accounting skills.