Description: To apply crop protection products and fertilizers, deliver agronomy products, assist in the grain department, and provide related customer services in a safe and effective manner.
Job Performance Skills:
Team Work/Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Does not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries her fair share of the workload.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
- Operate application equipment for dry fertilizer, pre and post spraying and lime applications
- Operate tender trucks and other application equipment such as NH3 applicator when needed
- Assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles based on work orders
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment
- Operate a semi-truck in the off-season
- Assist in the other areas of location during the off-season
- Must be licensed and insurable to drive
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker and HazMat endorsements
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Applicator’s License
- Must have good computer skills as well as good problem solving skills and be self-motivated
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrate great interest serving in the agricultural industry and understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in – season time commitment