Location: Northern Greene Co.
Description: Enhance the agronomy sales and service efforts of NEW Cooperative by assisting the Agronomy Sales Specialist to meet the needs of customers in the Northern Greene County area.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his/her work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Does not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload. Shows up for meetings on time, fully prepared. Works on tasks in order of importance. Realistically estimates time requirements. Makes up a schedule for jobs and sticks to it. Does work in order of importance; does first things first.
Knows customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers. Respects customer’s and colleagues’ time in scheduling and conducting meetings. Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on the quality of service he/she provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Learning and Continuous Improvement
Actively acquires new skills and competencies. Shares knowledge, skills, tools, and methods with others to help them solve problems and improve performance. Treats negative feedback and experiences as learning opportunities. Seeks information and ideas from many places. Looks for better ways to perform routine parts of the job. Open to suggestions and new ideas.
Builds and maintains a network of contacts useful in achieving work-related goals. Extends and accepts invitations from others to build effective working relationships. Skilled in building rapport with a wide variety of individuals. Understands the balance between taking time to build rapport and getting the work done. Sensitive to what people around him/her are feeling. Promotes the contributions and accomplishments of customers or clients to others. Enthusiastic about others’ ideas.
Effectively determines customer needs, wants, and budget. Applies knowledge of products and services to meet customer requirements. Demonstrates mastery of all essential selling techniques: prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, writing proposals, closing, etc. Salvages lost sales. Maintains complete, accurate, and timely sales records. Achieves sales quota. Assures post-sale customer satisfaction.
Teamwork/ Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Does not hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Support the sales efforts of products and services offered to NEW Cooperative Patrons
- Travel and work with current Agronomy Sales Specialist in assigned area
- General tasks in Agronomy- seed sorting and delivering, chemical packing and delivering, fertilizer application
- Assist with planting and harvesting of seed plots. Perform yield checks and yield monitor calibrations
- Aid in the scouting and soil sampling of sales territory
- Calibration of NH3 VRT equipment including ravens, raven sidekick equipment, and Ag Leader. Create NH3 VRT recommendations from SOILMAP
- Continually upgrades knowledge on agronomy products, services, and Agleader equipment
- Be able to assist in all agronomy Services NEW Cooperative Supplies to Patrons.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, as well as a good agronomic background desirable
- Must have an acceptable driving record
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Handler’s License