Consider these guidelines when applying to the NEW Cooperative Foundation.
The foundation gives highest priority to requests in the following categories: youth development and education, promoting agriculture and conservation, and community support services and development projects.
Youth Development may include:
- Organizations such as 4-H, FFA, and collegiate agriculture clubs or groups.
- Activities and events for young people sponsored by schools or public and private groups.
- Events hosted by NEW Cooperative and partnering companies, for example farm safety displays, agricultural education programs, and more.
Promoting Agriculture and Conservation may include:
- Training or educational events focused on safety, resource conservation, or educating the public about agriculture.
- Organizations and projects that promote production agriculture to ensure its future.
- Organizations and projects highlighting the value of conservation in the NEW Cooperative service area.
Community Support Services and Development Projects may include:
- Enhancements to emergency and medical services in rural communities.
- Community events and celebrations as well as local civic betterment projects.
- Fundraising events in support of community programs and projects.
Note these additional parameters before submitting a request:
- Benefit events for individuals and families with a direct connection to a NEW Cooperative employee or member will receive secondary consideration by the foundation and may or may not be granted funds.
- Requests from organizations that discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, or national origin will not be considered.
- Requests from churches and religious organizations will not be considered, except for church-affiliated hospitals or community outreach programs.
- Requests supporting a political or religious view will not be considered.
- Requests from national organizations or campaigns or those with a scope beyond Iowa borders will not be considered.
- Only organizations and programs which the Internal Revenue Service recognizes as charitable will be awarded funds.
- Donation requests and applications must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the date funds are needed.