FEED TRUCK DRIVER
Description: Deliver bulk feed and provide related customer services in a safe and effective manner.
2nd Shift: Operate a feed delivery truck from 8 p.m. – 6 a.m.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems.
Carries her fair share of the workload.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at beginning of work schedule and continues until work day is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Lets the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information with others. Messages have the desired effect.
Knows his/her customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers.
Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on quality of service he provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Protection of Assets
Uses tools and equipment carefully. Operates equipment the way it is supposed to be operated. Does not abuse equipment. Recognizes and reports need for repair. Observes preventive maintenance schedule. Uses the right tools for the job. Inspects equipment regularly. Routinely cleans work area, vehicle, plant, and/or equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe work environment and operate equipment in a safe manner as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
- Delivers bulk feed to specifications
- Ensures a quality product at all times before unloading
- Learns and understands the customer’s livestock operation well enough to avoid errors when making deliveries
- Follows established flushing procedures to avoid cross-contamination of products
- Routinely checks truck compartments for feed hang up between loads
- Performs maintenance of equipment and ensures no spread of livestock disease
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive
- Must have a Class A CDL