Location: Fort Dodge
Description: As part of a leading agriculture software company you will grow and develop your skills while you create, maintain, and update our software product that is designed to provide solutions for today’s high tech precision farming.
Job Performance Skills:
Makes complex ideas or situations clear, simple, and understandable. Recognizes patterns — sees discrepancies, missing pieces, trends, or interrelationships in data and situations. Sees underlying issues in complex situations. Can put the pieces together in order to understand the big picture. Sensitive to subtleties and nuances. Understands and is able to explain all sides of an issue. Demonstrates considerable intellectual horsepower. Thinks “outside the box.”
Judgment and Problem Solving
Solves problems quickly and permanently. Spots and fixes bottlenecks. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer. Seeks advice from people who have been successful in solving similar problems. Notice discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information. Uses common sense.
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
Teamwork/ Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to conceive, create, and design unique mobile experiences.
- Design and implement new features and support existing applications.
- Provide technology maintenance and support.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, maintainable source code.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-release deployment and coming up with solutions.
- App development for Apple/Android/Windows OS platforms
- Code SQL web service solutions
- Ability to leverage platform components into the app’s (i.e. camera, GPS, data connection, etc.)
- Assist with web updates and various activities to support website
- HTML 5 for web and app development
- Code optimization and SQL index optimization
- Document code within the code set
- Test app’s and troubleshoot code
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Microsoft C#
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 or above
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft ASP.NET
- SOAP, REST or JSON web services
- Knowledgeable in the design and development of mobile client applications for iOS and Android. Xamarin experience is helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office Tools
- Ability to learn and be trained in new technologies.
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Work in a team development environment
- Apple/Android Tablet Development(Xamarin)
- SQL Database design – layout
- Soap Services – Business to Business information exchange
- Web Services – write and consume
- Enhance and fix existing code
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge about GIS data formats including ESRI Shapefiles, MapInfo, OGC, and exchange data formats such as KML, GML, GeoJSON
- Experience with third-party integration tools such as Infragistics, FME, iText, Google Maps, Xamarin
- Database DBA experience a plus