Description: To efficiently operate the bulk seed warehouse and provide support to the location as well as the agronomy team.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at the beginning of work schedule and continues until the workday is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Lets the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information with others. Messages have the desired effect.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Planning and Organizing
Maintains well-organized materials, files, systems, and tools. Breaks work down into logical steps. Anticipates and eliminates roadblocks and delays. Stays within the allotted time for accomplishing tasks. Completes tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner. Makes sure all parts of a job are completed in full, including follow-up plans and paperwork.
Spends his/her time and the time of others on that which is genuinely important. Able to distinguish between the truly important and the merely urgent. Respects customers’ and colleagues’ time in scheduling and conducting meetings. Shows up for meetings on time, fully prepared. Works on tasks in order of importance. Realistically estimates time requirements. Makes up a schedule for jobs and sticks to it. Does work in order of importance; does first things first.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
• Takes in bulk soybean seed from suppliers
• Operate equipment including legs, conveyors, forklift, and scale
• Maintains open communication with Operations Manager and Agronomy Department to coordinate operations
• Loads seed into wagons, trucks and other approved storage
• Treats soybean seed
• Promotes the sales of cooperative seed and related products to farmer patrons by coordinating and managing test plots
• Dispatches weigh wagons
• Provides support to Agronomy Sales Specialists by checking producer yields
• Works to increase market share
• Continually upgrades knowledge of seed products and services
• Assists Knierim location as needed
• This position requires applicants to have or be able to obtain a Class B CDL
• This position requires applicants to have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive
• This position requires applicants to have or be able to obtain all of the necessary licenses including seed treatmentApply Online