Description: Fulfills the demands of the location by providing grain and agronomy related customer services in a safe and effective manner.
Job Performance Skills:
Team Work/Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries her fair share of the workload.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures.
- Unloads and loads grain from trucks and wagons.
- Maintains grain quality.
- Assist in loading and unloading of product from vehicles based on work orders.
- Operate fertilizer tender trucks.
- Fill and transport NH3 equipment.
- Operate commercial application equipment such as NH3 applicator.
- Assist in setup & maintenance of equipment.
- Perform standard routine maintenance and repairs to equipment throughout all areas of the location.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with tanker and HAZMAT endorsements
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Handler’s or Applicator’s License.
- Must have a tolerance for heights, some job tasks require being on top of elevator/bins.
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service.
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.