Description: Operate grain elevator and assist in all other aspects of location operations in grain and agronomy in a manner that upholds company safety policies.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his/her work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Does not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries his/her fair share of the workload.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at the beginning of the work schedule and continues until the workday is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedules. Let’s the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Protection of Assets
Uses tools and equipment carefully. Operates equipment the way it is supposed to be operated. Does not abuse equipment. Recognizes and reports the need for repair. Observes preventive maintenance schedule. Uses the right tools for the job. Inspects equipment regularly. Routinely clean work area, vehicle, plant, and/or equipment.
Teamwork/ Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate an action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain grain quality.
- Operate elevator and agronomy equipment.
- Perform maintenance on grain and agronomy equipment.
- Treat Seed
- Fill & transport NH3
- Maintain communication with the location manager.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Handler’s License.
- Agricultural background with a strong desire to succeed in the industry.
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.