DATA PROCESSING SPECIALIST
Location: Fort Dodge
Description: To meet the growing demands of our Precision Ag business the Data Processing Specialist fulfills the following activities while providing high levels of service that our clients and grower-customers have come to expect.
Job Performance Skills:
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information with others. Messages have the desired effect.
Adaptability/Flexibility/ Change Management
Adapts easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities. Promptly switches strategies or tactics if the current ones are not working. Works comfortably with people of widely differing styles, temperaments, and preferences. Deals maturely with anger, frustration, and disappointment. Bounces back quickly from setbacks and frustrations. Is able to see the merits of positions other than his/her own.
Knows his/her customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers. Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on the quality of service he/she provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Establishes due dates for projects and assignments and meets those dates. Makes sure that actions agreed upon have been taken. Makes back-up plans for important projects. Conducts routine follow-up. Lets people know in advance when deadlines might not be met. Does not wait until the last minute to get work done.
Job Knowledge/Technical Skills
Is an expert in doing his/her job. Serves as a resource to others. Has a great deal of relevant experience. Makes good suggestions about ways to improve. Makes active efforts to stay up-to-date. Requires minimal supervision.
Planning and Organizing
Maintains well-organized materials, files, systems, and tools. Breaks work down into logical steps. Anticipates and eliminates roadblocks and delays. Stays within the allotted time for accomplishing tasks. Completes tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner. Makes sure all parts of a job are completed in full, including follow-up plans and paperwork.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
Data Processing/Customer Service
- Perform data entry and the processing of agronomic recommendations
- Analyze data to provide accurate recommendations
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Provide other support activities to our client/customer base
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and installing dispatch in-cab equipment
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
Preferred Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1 – 3 years applied agronomy experience including fertilizer/nutrient, chemical and seed recommendations or college degree equivalent
- Demonstrates GIS software expertise when interacting with growers
- Capable of providing group presentations and related communications
- Demonstrate great interest serving in Ag Retail
- General understanding including the use of precision hardware operation and calibration
- Must be able to prepare concise, accurate written technical documents to communicate clearly with all levels of management, employees, and growers
Basic Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in precision ag or agronomy related field
- Valid driver’s license