Description: Learn the location operations, office, and scale operations along with communicating with customers regarding grain, contracts, and settlements in an effective manner that will positively impact the cooperative.
Job Performance Skills:
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information with others. Messages have the desired effect.
Knows his/her customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers.
Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on the quality of service he/she provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries his/her fair share of the workload.
Planning and Organizing
Maintains well-organized materials, files, systems, and tools. Breaks work down into logical steps. Anticipates and eliminates roadblocks and delays. Stays within the allotted time for accomplishing tasks. Completes tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner. Makes sure all parts of a job are completed in full, including follow-up plans and paperwork.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
- Scale operation
- Weighing and grading of grain
- Ensure customer needs are met regarding grain
- Reports for grain to come in
- Communications with farmers, education meetings
- Be aware of the cooperative’s prices on commodities and services and review with your supervisor as necessary
- Answer incoming calls as necessary. Gather accurate customer information and relay information to appropriate personnel. Handle and direct customer complaints to the proper personnel
- Provides fast, efficient, and courteous service at all times. Work with customers to help answer billing questions, account maintenance, etc.
- Assist in other areas of location (i.e. grain/agronomy operations)
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicles(trucks/trains) based on work orders
- Maintain a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
- Must have a 2-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service
- Must have computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive or operate NEW Cooperative vehicles and equipment.