Description: Coordinate with location manager, sales team and applicators to accomplish applications. Apply crop protection and fertilizers, and assist in the grain department all in an organized and effective manner that promotes the overall business plan of NEW Cooperative, Inc.
Job Performance Skills:
Team Work/Team Player
Fulfills commitments to other team members. Puts team success ahead of individual success. Doesn’t hog the credit for others’ work. Works comfortably with all team members. Takes charge when it is necessary to facilitate action or decision. Volunteers to help others with projects or assignments. Gives and welcomes feedback. Expresses disagreement constructively. Listens to and responds constructively to all team members. Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Performs work in a safe manner at all times. Checks the work area for hazards and corrects unsafe situations. Uses personal protection equipment. Maintains an organized work area. Seeks guidance from the om supervisor if needed. Considers the safety of other employees. Understands and follows safety regulations. Reports unsafe conditions.
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable; never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries his/her fair share of the workload.
Displays a high energy level. Enjoys working hard. Self-starter; doesn’t wait to be told to take action. Looks for opportunities to do extra work in order to help a project move along. Willingly puts in extra time and effort in crisis situations. Displays an obvious sense of urgency. Does more than what is normally required. Volunteers readily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicles based on work orders
- Operate post spraying equipment, tender trucks, other application equipment such as NH3 equipment
- Assist in maintenance of equipment
- Operate a semi-truck in the off-season
- Assist in other areas of location during the off-season (i.e. grain, fertilizer, chemical, seed)
- Serve as a back-up the to dispatcher by learning and understanding the dispatching of dry and liquid fertilizer equipment.
- Learn/assist in the dispatching of tender trucks that will provide applicators with the necessary agronomy products needed for applications.
- Coordinate with the location manager on trucks available for use of tending.
- Develop a general understand of the billing process.
- Develop an understanding of creating MAPS for applicators to use for applications.
- Coordinate with the sales team at various locations to efficiently dispatch equipment.
- Maintain a working knowledge of inventory of bulk and packaged agronomy products.
Job Qualifications/Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Must be licensed and insurable to drive
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with Tanker/HazMat/Doubles/Triples endorsements
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Applicator’s License
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment
- Experience with computers and programs such as Microsoft Xcel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong communication skills as well as good organization skills.