Agronomy Mapping Specialist - Roelyn, IA
AGRONOMY MAPPING SPECIALIST
Description: Promote customer sales and service all while coordinating with location manager, sales team and agronomy dispatcher to accomplish applications of agronomy products in an organized and effective manner that promotes the overall business plan of NEW Cooperative, Inc.
Job Performance Skills:
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his/her work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Doesn’t make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries her/his fair share of the workload.
Comes to work on time every day. Is fully prepared and ready to work at beginning of work schedule and continues until work day is done. Makes appropriate arrangements when adverse weather or other problems might delay on-time arrival. Conforms to work hours and schedule. Lets the supervisor and others know immediately when unexpected problems cause absence, lateness, or the need to leave early.
Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Listens actively and attentively; asks good questions. Communicates well in writing. Keeps supervisor and coworkers informed. Shares complete and accurate information with others. Messages have the desired effect.
Knows his/her customers and can describe their expectations. Manages customer expectations. Meets all of the expectations of both internal and external customers. Gains customers’ trust and respect. Actively seeks customers’ feedback on quality of service he/she provides. Quickly solves customer problems.
Planning and Organizing
Maintains well-organized materials, files, systems and tools. Breaks work down into logical steps. Anticipates and eliminates roadblocks and delays. Stays within allotted time for accomplishing tasks. Completes tasks in the shortest, most efficient manner. Makes sure all parts of a job are completed in full, including follow-up plans and paperwork.
Spends her/his time and the time of others on that which is genuinely important. Able to distinguish between the truly important and the merely urgent. Respects customers’ and colleagues’ time in scheduling and conducting meetings. Shows up for meetings on time, fully prepared. Works on tasks in order of importance. Realistically estimates time requirements. Makes up a schedule for jobs and sticks to it. Does work in order of importance; does first things first.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but not limited to the following:
• Work with multiple salesman on the needs or requirements of MAPS put into SOILMAP software.
• Develop a working knowledge of creating MAPS and our SOILMAP software.
• Create MAPS for applicators to use for application of agronomy products.
• File MAPS, keep customer files up to date and organized.
• Work with outside MAPS, requisition, develop an understanding of how to download or import from an outside source.
• Help in areas outside of mapping at the location
o Weigh incoming and outgoing grain
o Answer incoming calls as necessary. Gather accurate customer information and relay to appropriate personnel.
o Assist customers when they come in as needed, develop an understanding of grain buying, grain contracts, and writing checks
o Maintain office in neat and orderly fashion, help with the purchase of office supplies
• Maintain some knowledge and interest in communication with local farm customers concerning commodity prices and trends.
• Provide fast, efficient, and courteous service at all times.
• Must have a 2-year degree or equivalent work experience.
• Must understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.
• Must have an acceptable driving record and be insurable to drive to operate NEW Cooperative vehicles and equipment.
Apply NowReturn to Current Job Postings